Protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19 when the school reopens.
Parents, please help and instruct your children to reduce chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19 by taking the following precautions.
- When entering the school please wear your school identity card.
- Always wear a face mask.
- Please refrain from sending your children to school if –
- Any family member or your child had maintained a close contact with a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19 during the last 14 days
- Any family member or your child returned home after being quarantined or self quarantined during the last 14 days.
- Any family member or close relative arrived Sri Lanka from any country and had close contact with them during the last 14 days
- Thoroughly clean your hands with a hand sanitizer or wash them with hand wash and water when you enter the school premises. Wash basins with hand wash are provided near the gates.
- Students are allowed to bring their own hand sanitizer for frequent hand wash during the day.
- Always carry a clean face towel to wipe your wet hands.
- Always try to maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and others. Always maintain social distancing in the class rooms whether the respective teacher is present or not.
- Stay home even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever etc. until you recover. This will prevent other students getting infected.
- If suffering with a cough, fever, wheeze, runny nose / mucus, difficulty in breathing / talking or any other sickness, please do not send them to school.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Make sure that you, and the other students around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or with a face towel if you need to cough or sneeze.
- Always avoid sharing items (pens, pencils, books, erasers, food etc.) with your friends and other students.
- Bring your own food and water.
- Hand hygiene must be performed when entering the school, before and after each recess, before and after eating food, after blowing your nose and when leaving the school.
- Please avoid greetings that involve physical contact, such as hugging and shaking hands. Use alternative ways to greet your friends.
Rev. Sr. Alexandra Mendis.
Principal – Collegiate School.
June 30, 2020.